Monday, June 19, 2017

Movies in Review: "Rough Night"

There was nothing in me that wanted to see this movie this weekend. There was absolutely nothing that looked appealing about the film, and it also looked like something that had already been done before, but with a better cast. I know I'm not the only person who found this cast to be unbelievable as friends. They just looked like a mixed bag, and I couldn't see it working well at all. Not only that, but they promoted the movie as being better than Bridesmaids???Ummmmmm...you can't be serious. The trailer didn't even compete with 1 scene in Bridesmaids, so I thought this comparison was a far stretch...smh. However in my search to find something else to watch, I found nothing. So I bit the bullet and took my chances.

Most of the film played out as I expected. The cast was a mixed bag...lol. They were also very loud and too damn chatty. I swear my ears were ringing by the time I left the theater. Nothing about the story was believable or appealing. Just a bunch of nonsense used to waste 90 mins of movie viewers time. This honestly had to be one of the dumbest plots ever...lol. The only redeeming quality was that it was funny at times, with most of the comedic appeal coming from Kate McKinnon as Pippa. I'm laughing at the folks who thought this film could be at the same table as Bridesmaids. That's a joke...lol.

This movie is as bad as they tried to make Scarlett Johansson look...lol. Rough Night was a tough movie to get through. It really should have been a straight to DVD or made for TV movie. I did laugh more than I thought I would, but I still left the theater feeling like I wasted my time...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment