Thursday, June 29, 2017

Movies in Review: "Transformers: The Last Knight"

Ok so I know I'm super late with this review, and many of you have likely already seen the film. However I still had to write this review, especially since people’s reactions for the film have been mixed, although with most claiming the film to be awesome. I can't say I believed the film would be awesome, especially since the change in the cast from the 4th film, which I was not a fan of. I like Mark Wahlberg as an actor, but I definitely enjoyed the cast of the first 3 films, especially the parents of Sam Witwicky. The film kind of lost a bit of the humor and fun that the original cast brought to the franchise. I guess I'm not the only one who also feels this way, because The Last Knight is the lowest rated movie from this franchise, and for good reason...

This movie was soooooooo dumb. Although it was nice to see some of the characters return from the original cast, they only had small and irrelevant small bit parts. I seriously sat through this movie halfway wanting to leave...smh. There was nothing good or exciting about this film, except for maybe the addition of Jerrod Carmichael added to the cast, other than that, it was an epic fail. I'm usually a fan of child actors in films, but the main girl cast for this film annoyed me to my soul. She was so extra, and I fell tired of whining, and tough girl demeanor very quickly. The writing was the worst I have seen for this franchise. I swear I have very little clue what this movie was about because there were too many characters, too many subplots, and dull action sequences that tried to distract you from how horrible this film was. There wasn't enough Transformer awesomeness, and way too many human scenes. Everything about this film was so extra, I left the theater lost and mentally exhausted. Optimus Prime had about 20min of screen time in the whole movie...smh. However he did have one of the best lines in the movie that gave me chills when he said it.


All in all, The last Knight had me hoping this would be the last movie because I can't recover from the disappointment I felt from this movie. Two hours of my time wasted, only for me to walk out of the theater with a headache. Shame on this franchise for leasing this film...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment