Monday, September 12, 2016

Movies in Review: "Sully"

There are certain directors I would bet on every time, Clint Eastwood is one of them. There isn't a film Eastwood has directed that I didn't enjoy. So when I saw that he was in the director's chair for Sully, my anticipation grew, and expectations high. To add to this, Tom Hanks (one of my favorite actors) is cast as the lead. I was looking forward to being entertained seeing a great movie, because there was no doubt in my mind this is what this was going to be...

Eastwood amazes me. I say this because at first the movie didn't seem like much. I mean, we all know the story of the plane that landed in the Hudson. It really seems like a simple story. However Eastwood takes it deeper and really makes it a theatrical event. He did an amazing job of making the audience feel like we were on that aircraft. I seriously felt the fear and anxiety, as if I were a passenger on that flight. It was kind of amazing. The direction was excellent, but so were the performances. Tom Hanks did his thing as Captain Sully. I could feel his emotions and the fear of his decision to land in the Hudson. I loved how Eastwood gives us a deeper look into what was written in the headlines. My only complaint was I wish they had better extras in the background. The emotions of the extras filmed after the crash didn't look believable. It kind of took away from a great scene...well for me anyway...lol.

Sully is filled with emotion, which helped with the experience of the film. I loved everything about it, and walked out of the theater more than pleased...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment