Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Movies in Review: "White Girl"

So the 2 new wide released films this weekend, I really had no interest in seeing. This film "Morgan" looked like a counterfeit version of the remarkable film "Ex Machina", so I had no desire to see that. The other movie released didn't really appeal to me much either, although I am a huge fan of the two main actors ~shrugs. Well when I have weekends like this, I go searching for Independent/Limited Released films. In my search I came across White Girl...see trailer. That trailer is crazy right!? Right...so you know I had to see this, the positives reviews this film has received also helped to get me into the theater too.

Ummmmmmm...yeah...drugs are bad! I was definitely exhausted by the time credits rolled from this film. It is a crazy adrenaline rush that will have you feeling like your high following the lives of NYC youth on summer break. Your summer will seem like nothing to the ridiculous stuff these kids find themselves in. The story is incredible, but I also found myself a little sick by the things that were happening to the character Leah. I mean...ummmmmmmm...I have no words, I was just uncomfortable and at times angry. Anyone who is raising a daughter may find yourselves feeling the same way. Some of you may walk out of this movie and put your girls on punishment for life, just because. I know I walked out of the theater and was giving men the side eye...seriously. They really take it there in this film, and held back nothing.

I wish I could go into more detail, but this is a movie that you have to see for yourself. If the trailer gets you, the movie is way more intense...A

No comments:

Post a Comment