Thursday, July 2, 2015

Movies in Review: "Magic Mike XXL"

Ok so yeah...I thought the first Magic Mike movie was cute. The story wasn't great, but watching Channing move was definitely entertaining, so I wasn't totally disappointed. However... a 2nd film? Ummmmmmm...ok...I wasn't hyped at all about the 2nd movie. When I watched the trailer it didn't intrigue me a bit, and I honestly thought that this 2nd movie would be a flop. But a girlfriend asked me to roll with her, and I was like sure why not. Of course the theater was filled with all women who had all rolled in packs with their girlfriends. Everyone in the theater was hype! I guess they knew something I didn't, because I was sitting calm as could be. But all of that changed within the first 20/30 min....

Still fanning myself as I type. Still feeling warm inside with a huge smile on my face! I'm sorry...but I wasn't ready...I wasn't ready AT ALL. Now come on, we know Channing has moves, but ladies you haven't seen anything yet. This dude pulled out his whole arsenal in this movie and left each of us with pure satisfaction. There isn't any grand writing, or acting, but is that really what you came to this movie to see???? This movie is 100% PURE ENTERTAINMENT! I swear I was ready to throw my money at the movie screen, and I'm not a fan of male entertainers...lol. This movie had me laughing, and every woman in the theater jumping out of their seats. I was clutching my pearls most of the movie...seriously. I wasn't ready...smh. The only thing that brought this movie down was the love story they tried to write in, when all we wanted to see was asses shaking...ijs. My favorite scene was definitely the finale at the convention. All of the dancers pull out their best tricks. I have never seen a tux look so good, or be serenaded so beautifully...OMG! I can't...smh

Girls have a few drinks and get the girls together to make a night of it. Men, just get ready to reap the benefits...yeah it was like that. Now the grade I'm giving this is purely based off entertainment value. When a movie has me clutching my pearls, standing and clapping, and wanting to throw my money at the screen...oh yeah, that's a winner in my book! A-

No comments:

Post a Comment