Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Movies in Review: "Self/Less"

The only reason I went to see this movie is because I always root for Ryan Reynolds. If it had not starred Reynolds, this movie would have been on the cutting block for me. The trailer was a joke. Was anyone impressed with the nonsense that this movie was trying to market? Although I had my doubts, I was still hoping that the movie would prove to be far better than the theatrical trailer...but it wasn't.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ben Kingsley in films. I find it hard to take him seriously. I was starting to think this movie was a comedy just because Kingsley was cast...smh. Kingsley opens the film and I was less than intrigued by what was taking place. The story seemed a little rushed and there was very little development before Reynolds came into play. The story  just seemed to drift with interruptions of nonsense here and there. What annoyed me most was the actress who played Reynolds wife. She played the same character in Elysium, with a sick child she was caring for...Ugh! She added nothing exciting to the story, and only seemed to slow it down.

I was really hoping to enjoy something from this movie...but I didn't. It was really a joke and something that could have cluttered the shelves of the DVD counter as a straight to DVD released film. It's kind of annoying when movies like this make it into the theater...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment