Monday, April 27, 2015

Movies in Review: "The Water Diviner"

If it wasn't for movie scheduling, I would have missed this movie all together. The trailer didn't interest me at all, even with Russell Crowe (one of my favorite actors)in the lead role. But since I had time to spare in between the starting time for my next movie, I took my chance to pop in and see this...

There is no doubt Russell Crowe is an amazing actor, however his directing skills are questionable. This was definitely not the best directed film I've seen, and it caused the story to lose focus. The movie seemed to be all over the place in the beginning. Things didn't start coming together until mid-point, but by then I was starting not to care. I also wasn't a fan of the writing, although the scenes in the Turkish hotel were some of the best scenes in the movie...unfortunately. Everything about this movie was too hard to believe, and made little sense overall.

I think I got just what I had expected from this film, a great performance from Crowe, but nothing more than that. If it reaches your cable channel, you will be more satisfied than a ticket purchase at the movie...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment