Monday, April 27, 2015

Movies in Review: "Ex Machina"

Didn't hear anything about this movie until I was mapping out weekend movies to check. This weekend's new releases were looking weak, but I decided to check the trailer for this film and immediately wanted to see it. Technology thrillers are always fun...right, and with the cast (both male actors I adore) I wasn't about to miss this one.

I loved the setting for this movie, a very secluded area. It added to the thrill of the film. This story was cool, with great performances from Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson. I think I got everything I would expect from a movie like this, suspense, intrigue, and by the end I was totally freaked out. This is one of those movies where the details and the story is important. There are no over the top theatrics to hide behind, and this movie still delivers.

The ending wasn't my favorite part, but everything in between and leading up to it was pretty damn good. I enjoy a good twist, and this one delivers...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment