Sunday, July 21, 2013

Movies in Review: "Turbo"

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a big kid at heart. So you will likely find me seated to see an animated film with no child by my side. I love a good animated movie. When I saw the trailer for Turbo, I was definitely anticipating it's release.

I was hoping to write something wonderful about this movie, but unfortunately I found myself unfulfilled. It's a movie about a fast snail, and that's pretty much all it's about. The storyline is by the book, with your cookie cutter moral of the story by the time the credits hit the scene. And as cute as all the characters were, it was the lack luster story that killed any enjoyment you would find in characters such as Chet played by Paul Giamatti, Whiplash played by Samuel L. Jackson, or Kim-Ly played by Ken Jeong. 

There is very little exciting or entertaining about this movie as the story seems to drag, and you start to care less about the fact that this snail has super duper speed. They should have made this movie a 1hr cartoon special. I saw this movie in 3D and didn't find the visuals to be worth a 3D ticket. In my opinion, if your kid is begging to see this, of course take them if they have already seen Despicable Me 2. If this movie is not on their radar, then thank the heavens that they won't be begging you to waste your money to see this one. Best fit for video release...C

No comments:

Post a Comment