Monday, March 14, 2011

Movies in Review: "I Will Follow"

You may not have heard about this film at all. I came across the poster for it at the gym. It had Omari Hardwick on it, so I was definitely made it a plan to check it...lol. Come to find out it is an independent film written and directed by an African American woman named Ava DuVernay...Awesome. There was a special screening going on for this film, was happy I saw the flyer.

Like most independent films they are simple. But it is the simplicity in them that can make them so dynamic. I admit that when this film first started, I could not understand what the hell was going on. The movie has a real solemn feel throughout. But once the film got rolling it draws you in. I thought Salli Ricahrdson-Whitfiled did an excellent job at holding this film down. There was just something so genuine and real about the character she was playing. The film has Blair Underwood (yum!) and Omari Hardwick (super yum!) grace the screen. Ladies I'm telling you its worth seeing just to eyeball that! ~fanning~ Lol. It was a good story...although it could have used just a pinch more spice...ya know. I am down for giving support for great work, so if this film is in your area go check it...B+!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment