Monday, February 7, 2011

Movies in Review: "Sanctum"

Lets be honest, the movies coming out so far in 2011 have not been all that great. This weekend was no different with "The Roommate" and "Sanctum" as the opening films for this past weekend...SMH. Needless to say, I had no interest in either one of these films from what I reviewed in the trailers, but for the sake of this blog I went to see Sanctum, because The Roommate wasn't even an option.

An underwater excursion...sounds thrilling ~sarcasm~. Well to be very honest, this movie was quite thrilling, entertaining, and waaaaayyy better than I expected it to be. I get freaked out in water. So when I imagine myself deep sea diving...I get the shakes, because anything could happen...like the loss of air supply...HELLO! Well to see 5 people trapped in a cave that is flooding because of a storm, having to find their way out had me on the edge of my seat. I was into it, and I say its at least worth checking on video, if not a matinee. Can't see where the 3D effect would have served a purpose, so you can save your money there. Overall a really decent movie...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment