Monday, May 15, 2017

Movies in Review: "Snatched"

Yes I knew better than to interrupt my beautiful Mother's Day to go see any of this weekend's new movie releases. There were 2 new wide released movies this weekend and I took my chances with Snatched. I honestly found very little interesting or entertaining about the trailer, but I was willing to take my chances with Amy Schumer because I enjoyed her last film "Trainwreck" so much. I also think Schumer is a hoot, and was expecting to at least belt out some laughs. Unfortunately I caught more Zzzzz's than laughs with this one. 

Once I saw Goldie Hawn in the trailer, my expectations for this film immediately dropped. Goldie Hawn is not a strong enough comedic actress to share the screen with Schumer. Hawn added nothing to the comedy, and in my opinion, brought the movie down. This is not to say Schumer was great. She actually could have used the help because many of her comedic lines fell flat. The writing for this film was not the greatest, and often very dull. I seriously fell asleep on it. There wasn't much to this film except corny, cliché lines and plot. 


The only thing really great about this film was that the running time was only a 1.5hrs. However I still walked out of the theater wanting my time and money back...smh. I wish I had more to say about this movie, but I've already wasted enough of my time...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment