Monday, January 23, 2017

Movies in Review: "XxX: Return of Xander Cage"

Should I really go to see movies in series without first viewing the previous films in the series? I have done this far too often, and usually I don't find myself lost...lol. I did try to watch the second film in this XxX series, but found myself changing the channel after 10min...smh. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the XxX films, however I'm definitely a Vin Diesel fan, especially when it comes to action flicks. I think the only reason I decided to catch this 3rd installment was because Diesel was looking extra delicious and my eyes were begging for the eye candy. So I had no expectations of this movie being good, I only went because I wanted to Vin Diesel and all of that scrumptiousness...lol. Don't worry fellas, I promise not to exploit Diesel's well put together body in my review, as a matter of fact, this is the last statement you have to read about it...lol.

The best part about this movie was definitely the action sequences, which teetered on extremely unbelievable, and sometimes moronic, but still entertaining. Vin Diesel honestly isn't the best actor out there, but he knows how to make a character work. Besides the action sequences, I can't say there was much else I enjoyed about the film. I thought the characters didn't get enough screen time to develop properly. There were a bunch of characters who seemed interesting, but were so limited. I really wish the character Adele Wolff played by Ruby Rose had more screen time. She was one of the most interesting characters that should have had a bigger role. Her action sequence with the character Serena was everything. I'm all about girl power, and that scene rocked. The DJ Kid seemed like a waste for the team, and the other characters were ok, but really nothing special ~shrugs.


All in all, the story was extra corny, with Diesel landing one liners that often fell flat...it’s a good thing he's cute...lol. The action sequences are great. So if you're into that, then you might find this movie more entertaining than I did...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment