Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Movies in Review: "The Founder"

So I'm kind of late with this review...I was just having one of those weeks where I didn't have the desire to tap my opinion about this movie away on a keyboard. I'm sure we have all been there, sometimes you just need a damn break right!? However I do feel I would be doing my fans a disservice if I totally passed on writing and making you aware of this film, because it was that damn good, and who's not interested in the story of how the infamous fast food chain McDonald's was acquired...I know I was.

Can I just say, this is one of the better films I have seen this year. January doesn't really crank out blockbuster movies, but is usually like a dud month when it comes to films. However The Founder made my month. I never knew the story of the McDonald's franchise, but it is definitely one you want to see, holy cow. Ray Kroc was no freaking joke, and the moves he made and the people he stepped on to get McDonald's and his pockets into the position is...wow. Michael Keaton was phenomenal as influential businessman Ray Kroc. Definitely one of my favorite roles from Keaton since his last film Spotlight. As a matter of fact Keaton his killed his last few roles, but this one definitely rating at the top. The story, movie direction and performances all make this a top rated film. There will be something that you will learn, or take away from this film once it's over. I love movies that impact me, and this one did just that.


Anyone who has the entrepreneurial spirit will definitely love this film. If you like a film with substance, then this is the one for you. If I was a movie collector (which I'm not) this movie would be in my collection to watch again and again from time to time. Yes this is one of those films that I could see more than once...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment