Monday, March 14, 2016

Movies in Review: "10 Cloverfield Lane"

This one had me on the fence because I didn't really get the trailer, but there was something still intriguing about it. Out of all the movies released this weekend, this is the one I was interested in seeing the most because it was a thriller, I love thrillers, and it starred John Goodman, I love him too. I had no idea what I was getting into, so my expectations were really low.

This movie was not short on thrills. Although filmed mostly in a small confined area it made use of everything perfectly to create audience reaction. I jumped and gripped my seat a number of times. There were also burst of adrenaline, only adding to the thrills. The cast was great, especially Goodman, who is just crazy as hell. Like you will seriously be on the edge of your seat anticipating what he will do next. There are so many twists in the story that you will find yourself wondering what is true. This movie did not lack entertainment value, and I enjoyed it up until the last 15min when I found myself rolling my eyes and sucking my teeth at the conclusion of it all...like seriously?


This movie is definitely worth seeing, and some of you may have a more positive reaction to the ending than I did ~shrugs. The end didn't ruin this movie for me, but I wanted to punch someone for ending it that way. Kinda felt like I didn't really get closure, just nonsense...lol. Go see it for the thrills, and don't think about the ending...A-

1 comment:

  1. I saw this over the weekend as well, and have the exact same reaction as you. I rolled my eyes too, and my husband said I was banned from picking movies, lol. We laughed in the end, because yes it did turn into 'the unexpected' wth.

    ReplyDelete