Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Movies in Review: "Ride Along 2"

We all know how much I enjoyed the first movie ~sarcasm. I pretty much sucked my teeth when I heard that a second movie was on it's way...smh. It baffles me at the nonsense they allow to hit the big screen...However my tune changed a bit when I saw the trailer. I honestly chuckled. And this movie seemed to have less of what ruined the first movie...Kevin Hart. I'm sorry, I love Kevin Hart to pieces, but too much Hart is an overdose for any movie. But the sequel looked like they scaled him back a little...thank Goodness.

To my surprise, I walked out of the theater enjoying this movie far more than the first. I think Cube and Hart had better rhythm and chemistry. Hart didn't take over every scene with his high pitched squeaky antics, and Olivia Munn and Ken Jeong were great additions. Unfortunately the writing and story failed tremendously. It was like watching some knock-off nonsense, which is unfortunate because Hart and Cube make for a great duo. I just need the writing for this franchise to step it up about 10,000%. I laughed quite a few times, and smile throughout. Which is great coming from me.

I was expecting to walk out of the theater as annoyed as I was with the first, but this wasn't the case. I liked this one. It wasn't great, but definitely a step up from the first. If you loved the first movie for some reason, I see know reason why you wouldn't like this one. For those of you with any sense, you just have to take this movie for what it is, and it helps to set your expectations really low...C+

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your review and I can appreciate your insight. I actually liles the first movie but the second was not as funny to me, even with the additions. I am going to repost your review though , because you gave a great breakdown of the movie's dynamics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! Thank you so much for reading and sharing my review. I know my views won't agree with everyone's and I can appreciate hearing the differences in opinions. I'm happy you enjoyed reading and can appreciate my view! :)

      Delete