Monday, January 11, 2016

Movies in Review: "The Revenant"

The_Revenant_2015_film_posterLeonardo DiCaprio is definitely one of my favorite actors, and I don't believe there has been any part of his work that I didn't enjoy, but I was this close to not stepping into the theater and seeing this one. Why? I honestly don't know. There was something about the trailer that appealed to me, but also didn't ~shrugs. Yes I was on the fence about this one and the 2+ hour running time didn't make it any easier to decide to see this, but I did...and wow.

The opening scene had my jaw dropped to the floor. I was flinching, and grasping my pearls and chair at what was taking place on the screen. This movie was filmed so masterfully that it puts the audience right in the middle of all the action. Like it seriously feels like you are in the middle of all the violence. Which was absolutely intense. DiCaprio commits 100% to this role. So much so it's hard not to feel his pain in his scenes...omg. This movie will draw so much emotion out of you, you will feel like you're the one in the fight. Some of my favorite scenes includes the one with the bear, and the horse...you will die...wow. My only complaint is that there is a little too much down time in between the next action scene. Although beautiful to watch, it caused the movie to drag a bit in the middle.

This movie is an adrenaline rush, and will beat you to exhaustion. Thrilling to the eyes, seeing this movie on anything smaller than the big-screen just wouldn't do it any justice. This is a theatrical work of art. Although I complain about the running time, taking anything away from what was presented may not have made it better ~shrug...but I still feel it was just a tad bit long, but a great movie nonetheless...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment