Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Movies in Review: "The Town"

Coming in at #1 at the Box office, and rightfully so. This is Ben Affleck's 2nd directorial debut, and I must say, I have yet to be disappointed. I actually think he may be a better director than an actor, although I thoroughlyenjoyed his performance here. I believed him as a tough Bostonian. It worked...and I loved it! The whole romance between Ben's character and the hostage made the movie a yawner at some points, but there was enough provided elsewhere to keep the movie going. Jeremy Renner's character created the most spice. I appreciate Blake Lively for really being able to fully step into her character and make me believe it. It was crazy because some of the film kinda reminded me of a white boy version of  "Set it Off", especially towards the end. I give this movie an -A...enough said, just go see it.

2 comments:

  1. Boston movies rock......I dare you name ONE bad one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm....hmmmmmm...u know right now I can't say I know of any that were bad. Not sure if that has anything to do with the actual city though ;)

    ReplyDelete