Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Movie in Review: "The Devil"

3rd at the box office this week, and to me not at all a disappointment. It was entertaining, with humor and thrills, so I got my monies worth. Kind of wondered how they were gonna keep a movie with it's focus in an elevator interesting. The actors worked well  together, with the charactors and their backgrounds. Each character made you wonder what their story was, and that was provided in the film. The characters were funny, with the combo between the salesman and the old lady being my favorite. The millionaire's wife made me want to slap her, but I guess thats what she was there for. With these odd characters, the detective, and naration by the security guard, u actually wanted to know how the heck this movie was gonna end. It was thrilling enough to keep you on edge, but keep in mind with a PG-13 rating, they could only go but so far. I give it a B- (although I'm sure I'll get people who will disagree). But for me I got more than what I expected, and it came together well for me at the end. If you didn't before, this film may have you believing The Devil is real...

2 comments: